We developed these goals to help staff understand that their job is to help their campers grow and develop. We believe by striving to meet these goals, we can to create a meaningful experience for both campers and staff. Everything we do is based on these goals:
- Camp is a life changing experience, where campers learn things about themselves they didn't know when they arrived - Independence, Responsibility, Group living skills, New activity skills, Decision making skills
- No camper will "fall through the cracks". Each child is attended to while at camp.
- Counselors have a positive impact on each camper, such that in 20 years each camper will remember his/her counselor's name and experience at camp.
- Counselors are members of a supportive community and they rely on each other.
- Each counselor realizes the effect their actions and behaviors have on the campers and that is reflected in the choices that they make.